1. You stare at your computer screen in disbelief for 2.8 minutes, maybe longer.
2. You close the email.
3. You open it again, just to make sure it is really there.
4. You obsess over every sentence.
5. Especially the one that says: And you are quite a writer yourself.
6. You close the email.
7. You open it again, just to reread that one glorious sentence. (see #5, above) And, the part that says your letter has been the best part of my holiday.
8. You make yourself step away from the computer.
9. You wait four days.
10. You open the email again.
11. You smile all the way to your liver, thinking to yourself: Lee Smith read my post. And then she wrote me back.