There was a complicated set of circumstances that resulted in them all being here at the same time, these college friends: family holiday travel, a fabulous New Year’s Eve party in Charleston, move-back-in day at Clemson. Low and behold our house is situated right here betwixt and between so many of these goings-on; it just made sense for our place to be the layover spot.
How lucky for me.
Because for two nights and three days, I got to chill with Eliza and her best college buds, watching movies, playing games, and generally hanging out, holiday break down-time style.
The whole episode served to remind me of some things buried under a layer or two of grown-up life work, worry and busyness.
- An entire day on the sofa in your softest clothes can be a very good use of time.
- There’s a valuable bit of perspective to be gained surrounded by friends who tell you God’s honest truth about whatever it is you’re remembering/considering/discussing.
- Play. Play cards, play games, play let’s try on every hat at Mast General Store! Just play.
- Free food is good food, as Eliza explained to me before they arrived. But a really good meal served in a candle-lit dining room is magical.
- Laughter is contagious.
- Our world will be in very good hands one day.
30 Days of Joy